Personal Advisor - Leaving Care Services
|Job Title:||Personal Advisor - Leaving Care Services|
|Salary:||£12.95 - 12.95 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
JOB TITLE: Personal Advisor – Leaving Care Services
PLACEMENT: ASAP, Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week
PAY RATE: from £12.95 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Personal Advisor (Leaving Care Services) for our client based inBury.
The Purpose of the post is to support children and young people in care and care leavers (aged between 16 – 25) to achieve the best possible outcomes and make a successful transition into adulthood
The Objectives are of the post are:
- To support the implementation of children & young people’s care and pathway plans
- To prepare young people for a successful transition to adulthood
- To support care leavers to move towards independence
- To promote children & young people’s participation
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Visiting Looked After Children in Placement.
- Providing practical and emotional support to children and young people, parents and carers
- Planning and implementing programmes of agreed work with children/young people and their carers
- Supporting reunification plans by working with parents to equip them with the necessary skills to promote child/young person’s appropriate development.
- Contributing to assessments and reviews of the care or pathway plan
- Supporting the transition from school to college
- Contributing to the assessment of the young person’s needs
- Giving unbiased and informed advice on matters such as education, training and accommodation
- Working with social workers and other professionals to assist in the preparation and updating of Pathway Plans
- Working with carers to ensure that young people develop good self care skills
- Promoting education, training and employment opportunities
- Providing a statutory care leavers service up to the age of at least 21or above if in full time education
- Acting as case manager
- Maintaining contact with the young person
- Reviewing and revising with the young person their pathway plan to ensure it remains up-to-date and relevant to their circumstances
- Continuing to provide practical and emotional support
- Administering financial support
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Significant experience in working with children and/or their families in a professional capacity.
- Qualifications - NVQ Level 3 in Childcare or Equivalent
- An understanding of: Equal Opportunities issues & Diversity issues
- Demonstrate a knowledge of child development, issues which may lead to a child being in need of protection or looked after
- Skills in developing and maintaining purposeful relationships with children and YP and effective relationship with other professionals.
- Skill in effective verbal communication with colleagues, children, adolescents & their families and carers.
- Enhanced DBS check
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available