Qualified Social Worker | Front-Line Children & Families Team | Hereford
4Recruitment Services require an experienced Social Worker to work within a Front-Line Children & Families team based within Hereford. To be successful for this role, you are required to have a minimum of 2 years recent Social Work experience of working within a Front-Line Children & Families team.
To work closely with children and their families, other staff within the Directorate and partner agencies to provide a range of services and support designed to protect children from harm and promote the welfare of children in need. To work within the legislative framework of the Children Act 1989, and the Children Act 2004.
The successful Social Worker will have experience of:
- To carry a caseload in line with the organisational needs of the Directorate.
- To assess the needs of children, young people, families and carers, take appropriate follow up action in consultation with colleagues, and to plan and implement suitable service provision to safeguard children from harm and meet their identified needs.
- To undertake preventative and supportive work with children and families in need.
- To undertake risk assessments.
- To promote effective planning for children and young people where there are ongoing needs due to:
- Care, Supervision or Adoption Proceedings or Orders
- Entry to the looked after system
- To participate in training and development activities to ensure up to date knowledge and skills
- To undertake day time office duty on a rota basis
- To contribute to the development of knowledge and skills of other team members or students as required.
To apply for this role you must have:
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Knowledge of child care law and the ability to apply it to situations where children may be at risk or needing to be looked after
- Be HCPC Registered
- Frontline Child Care & Families Experience
- Be eligible to work within the UK
- Be a car driver
Salary is 27-£27.43ph.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Healthcare Professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area – Please contact Elliot Murphy on 0208 514 9151.