Senior Accountant - Rochdale
|Job Title:||Senior Accountant - Rochdale|
|Salary:||£19.64 - 19.64 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Senior Accountant – Rochdale (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Rate: £19.64ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To lead on ensuring compliance with statutory and business critical financial rules and regulations within areas of technical financial expertise and responsibility,
- To take responsibility for the delivery of accurate and robust financial information to support the Council’s statutory and business critical financial functions, including Budget Setting, Budget Monitoring, Closure of Accounts and input into key Service and Council wide developments.
- To support effective, informed decision making within the Council through scrutiny/review of financial information and provision of support to Services around this issue.
- To manage and develop resources including financial and staffing necessary to deliver the Council and Service objectives, policies and procedures.
- To develop and lead in enabling staff within Finance Services and other Services of the Council to fulfil their financial responsibilities through training, support and advice.
- To actively contribute to the development of Finance Services to ensure Value for Money in all that we do.
- To act as ambassador for the Council and Service at all times and develop and maintain effective and professional relationships within the service and with other services/partners to raise the profile of Finance Services.
- To develop and coordinate administration and control arrangements to ensure the Council’s Financial Management Systems are effective and robust.
- Support the Service Director with S151 responsibilities with the implementation of the requirements of such responsibilities.
- Manage, support and develop the staff resources delegated to the postholder in accordance with the Council’s policies and procedures.
- Perform his / her duties in accordance with Rochdale MBC’s Policies including the Equality and Diversity Policy.
- Ensure that Rochdale Council’s commitment to public service orientation and care of our customers is provided.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of technical standards and principles appropriate to the post.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Council policies and procedures.
- Act as ambassador for the Council and Service at all times
- To assist the Finance Manager to ensure delivery of an efficient and effective Finance Service.
- To contribute to the preparation of annual team service plan and have responsibility for the delivery of the agreed plans relating to the postholder’s areas of responsibility.
- To lead from a finance perspective on the delivery of specific service and/or corporate initiatives, developments and projects as required commensurate with the grade of the post.
- Management and customer relations
- To be responsible for the day-to-day management of staff in the team, including communication, motivation, effective team working, performance management, employee development and training, recruitment and induction. Coaching techniques to be deployed as appropriate.
- To identify and manage risk relating to the postholder’s responsibilities and to utilise a risk based approach in relation to the tasks of the team.
- Develop and sustain effective and appropriate relationships to facilitate staff and client satisfaction and achieve the objectives of Finance Services.
- To take responsibility for cross service areas which support the effective management of the Service as a whole.
- To provide specialist and technical advice on financial and associated regulatory matters to Services and Partnerships adopting a risk based approach
- To ensure that financial procedure rules and regulations are current and relevant for all the postholder’s areas of responsibility.
- To identify and interpret new legislation, changes to professional codes of practice and systems changes and assess and report on the implications for the Council in relation to postholder’s areas of responsibility.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 020 8514 9117.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Share this Job
Accountant - Addlestone
Salary: £400 per day
Accountant - Addlestone
Salary: £17.25 - 17.25 per hour
Principal Accountant - Bolton
Salary: £21.04 - 25.11 per hour
Assistant Management Accountant - Nottingham
Salary: £20.97 - 20.97 per hour
Salary: £12.24 - 12.24 per hour