Compliance Officer - Lambeth
|Job Title:||Compliance Officer - Lambeth|
|Salary:||£19 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Compliance Officer – Lambeth (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £19.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
The Carer Compliance Officer in collaboration with social workers is responsible for identifying, monitoring and ensuring the continued compliance of Lambeth Foster Carers and Special Guardians. This position supports Lambeth Children’s Service to fulfil its responsibilities both legislatively and as directed by the department’s internal procedures. This role involves working closely with social workers, team and service managers, foster carers, and colleagues across children’s services, adult services, education and health.
This post will take work in partnership with fostering support, fostering recruitment, the special guardianship team and the fostering panel as required to oversee the regulatory compliance elements of the approval process as well as ensuring the ongoing adherence to Lambeth’s own procedures in terms of checks and medicals and identify strategies to strengthen the current practice in Lambeth.
The post holder we been responsible for the initiation of DBS and Local Authority checks for Foster Carers, Special Guardians, their Adult household members and nominated Back up carers. Renewal of these checks in line with local policy. In addition, checks will also be required for new approvals there are other checks e.g. with health visitors for prospective foster carers with young children and Ofsted for childminders.
- To lead and co-ordinate the completion of Prospective Foster Carers, Approved Foster Carers, Connected persons carers and Special Guardianship applicants compliance checks and provide support to the Fostering Service in relation to meeting legislative and accreditation standards and requirements.
- To pursue initial verification checks for prospective foster carers, verification of documents, tracking progress of checks, responding to inquiries regarding the progress of checks, case noting and alerting staff to the outcome.
- To ensure prompt action is undertaken to alert professionals to address any issues identified during the checking process. Taking into consideration Fostering and Data protection regulation as well as Lambeth’s Council procedures.
- Contribute to the maintenance of accreditation including the co-ordination and implementation of the Carer file audit processes across all Fostering Service requirements around compliance; inclusive of feedback to the Independent Fostering Reviewing Officer.
- Develop and maintain the Pool Compliance Dashboard for carer households in accordance with regulatory guidelines and legislation.
- Maintain the Carers Register Database under the direction of the Team Manager. Cross-reference the Carers Register and prior to commencing carer review for the purposes of maintaining accurate records.
- Undertake verification of Working with Children Checks, Police checks and Community Services check, Local Authority Checks and Medical Checks for Lambeth carers and household members.
- Develop and maintain an alert system so that they can chase checks with social workers and partner agencies and if they have not come back and escalate to the service manager any checks that are likely not to be returned in the required timeframe.
- Attend monthly supervision meetings with your Line Manager and complete the tasks identified at these meetings.
- Identify personal learning needs and give feedback on the service including the identification of gaps and areas for improvement.
- Attend any Fostering Service meetings as requested by your Line Manager.
- Undertake and participate in regular evaluations of the service and take part in annual appraisals of staff performance and team planning days.
- Undertake specific tasks allocated by your Line Manager relating to the promotion of the service and the enhancement of the partnership between the team and key stakeholders.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
VAT Alignment Officer - Haringey
Salary: £20.10 - 20.10 per hour
Revenues Officer - Shrewsbury
Salary: £20.79 - 20.79 per hour
Income Management Admin Officer - Liverpool
Salary: £13.12 - 13.12 per hour
Brokerage Officer - Shefford
Salary: £11.22 - 11.22 per hour
Payroll Officer - Basingstoke
Salary: £25 per hour
Accommodation Officer - Wakefield
Salary: £17.12 - 17.12 per hour
Community Care Officer - Doncaster
Salary: £10.50 - 10.50 per hour
North Warwickshire - Technical Officer
Salary: £13.91 - 13.91 per hour
Met office - Finance business partner
Salary: Market related
Service Development and Support officer - Barnsley
Salary: £28.06 - 28.06 per hour
Independent Living Brokerage and Support Officer
Salary: £14.17 - 14.17 per hour
West Sussex - Rights of way officer
Salary: £13 per hour