Information and Assessment Officer - Hackney
|Job Title:||Information and Assessment Officer - Hackney|
|Salary:||£18.76 - 18.76 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||15 days ago|
Information and Assessment Officer – Hackney (Temp Vacancy)
Pay Rate: £18.76ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
Responsible to a Senior Practitioner within the locality neighbourhoods team, the post holder will work with Social Workers and Occupational Therapists to provide effective, customer focused, and fully accessible information and initial assessment for residents and their carers.
The post holder will provide a high standard of customer care through the provision of information, advice and assistance concerning services and other services provided by statutory, independent and voluntary agencies to all callers. In doing so they will be responsible for recording customer contacts and carrying out initial conversations and in supporting residents to make connections with services.
A significant responsibility of the role will be carrying out non-complex social care assessments, using a strength based approach. The post holders will act as Trusted Assessors providing simple equipment for older and disabled people to help them to maintain their independence. They will also be responsible for producing individually tailored plans for simple equipment, recommending and requisitioning Telecare and setting up social care support.
- To act as the first point of contact for any customers to the Adult Social Care services.
- To collect and record initial information on the appropriate systems and to use this to identify existing service users, transfer customers to the correct team/worker or record the needs of new clients.
- To provide information advice and assistance in a way that is consistent with customer service standards, and which promotes independence.
- To actively attempt to resolve complaints.
- To be responsible for recognising vulnerable people and following agreed procedures to ensure these people receive appropriate and timely support and interventions.
- To ensure customers get the right help at the right time, addressing their needs for information and advice and helping them take advantage of opportunities and make choices for their support.
- To proactively promote activities and services that improve health and wellbeing.
- To contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and review of customer care standards.
- To assist the Team Manager with the development and improvement of the service by learning from good practice elsewhere.
- To carry out an initial conversation to identify with the resident, their networks, strengths and their presenting issue(s).
- To support residents and/or carers to access information, advice and link them to a range of universal services.
- To recommend and set up any Telecare support as required based on the outcome of these conversations.
- To carry out a range of assessments appropriate to the customer’s initial requirements using a strength based approach, assessing social care and mobility needs.
- To draw up an appropriate outcome focused support plans and associated documents for non-complex social care cases in partnership with the person, and their family or carers as appropriate.
- To identify complex cases and bring these to the attention of the Senior Practitioner or qualified social workers within the Neighbourhood Locality Team.
- To identify any potential safeguarding issues and raise these with the Senior practitioner within the Neighbourhood Locality Team, raising safeguarding concerns on the appropriate systems.
- To liaise with Review Officers with regard to on-going care and reablement programmes to ensure smooth transfer arrangements.
- To requisition TeleCare equipment and carry out assessments for simple equipment and adaptations as a Trusted Assessor.
- To proactively identify potential wellbeing and prevention services based on the initial conversation and complete individual plans in conjunction with the resident and their representatives that identify.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Share this Job
Benefits and Housing Needs Officer - Hackney
Salary: £20.06 - 20.06 per hour
Libraries Officer - Hackney
Salary: Market related
Arts and Heritage Officer - Newham
Salary: £21.64 - 21.64 per hour
Service Development & Support Officer - Barnsley
Salary: Market related
Assistant Payroll & Employee Officer - Wakefield
Salary: £10.79 - 10.79 per hour