Legal Officer - Bury
|Job Title:||Legal Officer - Bury|
|Salary:||£25 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Legal Officer – Bury (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £25.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To work with Lawyers within the team on a full range of legal proceedings including Care Proceedings in compliance with the Children Act 1989 and proceedings relating to the Adoption and Children Act 2002, the Care Act 2014, the Mental Health Act 1983, the Mental Capacity Act 2005, Forced Marriage (Civil Protection) Act 2007, associated Regulations, Practice Directions, Statutory Guidance and the Public Law Outline 2008 (PLO), having conduct of certain matters as required, in particular those within PLO pre-proceedings.
- To ensure court deadlines for obtaining and preparing evidence are met. This involves prioritising and meeting unexpected urgent deadlines.
- To obtain instructions, drafting Court forms, documents and correspondence in relation to Legal Proceedings, including drafting applications to court via the Family Court Portal.
- To obtain records from third parties in respect of disclosure issues including Police, General Practitioner, Hospital and Nursing Staff on an informal basis or pursuant to Court Order. To edit records to remove third party and/or identifying information. Collating and distribution in accordance with pre-determined and on occasion immediate deadlines.
- To request, monitor and chase reports from medical personnel and others.
- To obtain witness availability and to prepare witness templates for contested proceeding.
- To marshall evidence and prepare bundles of documents for use in court, provide Bundles for the Judge, Witness and Client, maintain and update the Court Bundle at different stages throughout the proceedings and to serve other parties with an updated index and documents as and when required.
- To make arrangements for witnesses to attend at Court. Supporting professional, anxious and vulnerable witnesses throughout the Court process. To familiarise inexperienced witnesses with procedures and the experience of giving evidence in support of a Local Authority. To advise clients and witnesses about law and evidence. To keep clients and witnesses informed throughout the Court process.
- To brief as appropriate, Junior Counsel and on occasion Queen’s Counsel
- To attend Court, pre-hearing conference and advocate meetings with counsel and to carry out tasks arising from these within strict time constraints. This includes liaising with and instructing Counsel for the Local Authority, and counsel for the other parties, advising Counsel on the Council’s decision making process to ensure the client’s interests are protected, obtaining and relaying client’s instructions to Counsel for the Local Authority.
- To liaise with Court Officers including Family Court Legal Advisor, Listing Officer and on occasion Judges to facilitate the smooth management of the case.
- To provide high quality, accurate and timely legal advice, attendance at meetings and representation to the Council including undertaking advocacy at/in the following:
- PLO pre-proceedings meetings
- Discharge of care applications
- Private law court proceedings
- To maintain accurate records using the Case Management System including progress chasing, retrieval and reporting information as required.
- To contribute to the development of new procedures and processes.
- Notify the Council Solicitor and Head of Legal Services of any actions which may place the Authority at risk of litigation/judicial review or a charge of maladministration.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with other parties to child protection proceedings in pursuing the Council's child care decisions and policies, whilst observing the relevant legal and professional requirements and observing the Authority's health and safety policies.
- Attend professional education training courses as required.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Share this Job
Human Resources Officer - Carmarthen
Salary: £22.95 - 22.95 per hour
Benefits and Housing Needs Officer - Hackney
Salary: £20.06 - 20.06 per hour
Customer Services Officer
Salary: £13 per hour
Technical Officer - Rochdale
Salary: £35 per hour
Libraries Officer - Hackney
Salary: Market related
Business Support Officer
Salary: £11.75 - 11.75 per hour
Acquisitions Officer - Ilford
Salary: £12.92 - 12.92 per hour
Senior Finance Officer - Islington
Salary: £37,223 - 42,080 per year
Customer Service Officer - Nottinghamshire
Salary: Market related
ACRO Audit Officer - Fareham
Salary: £11.97 - 11.97 per hour
Technical Support Officer - Uxbridge
Salary: £13.39 - 13.39 per hour
Stock Control Officer - Barnsley
Salary: Market related