Licensing Enforcement Officer - Harrogate
|Job Title:||Licensing Enforcement Officer - Harrogate|
|Salary:||£17 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Licensing Enforcement Officer – Harrogate (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £17.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
Protects public safety and animal welfare providing technical and enforcement services in the FLOS Team and is jointly responsible for the delivery of the inspection programme and enforcement across the district.
- Takes a lead role for the provision of complex specified service areas. Deals with complex and non-routine enquiries.
- Responsible for developing and reviewing policy and procedures e.g. Taxi “Rulebook”, Criminal Record, Enforcement, Licensing Act, Gambling Act, Street Trading, charity collections etc.
- Interview drivers for licences to drive Hackney Carriages and Private Hire vehicles. Decides on the fitness and suitability of applicant’s, vehicles, premises and records to comply with the standards required under legislation before the issue of licences. Meets and deals with licence holders on problems they may have regarding the regulations etc.
- Delivers a risk based inspection programme of all licenced premises focussed on performance targets e.g. animal boarding, riding establishments, zoos, scrap metal, licenced premises, alcohol, gambling, caravan sites etc.
- Decides when a licence application has been properly submitted, and where relevant, decides what conditions should be attached to a licence. Decides on licence approval or refusal making reference to local procedures, council policy, legislation, government guidance and regulations to a greater or lesser degree depending on availability. Refers to a hearing when appropriate.
- Determines contested applications, reports to hearing and court at appeal
- Investigates complaints concerning licensed premises, vehicles and unlicensed activities.
- Works with partner agencies such as police and trading standards to ensure compliance with legislation.
- Takes enforcement action, serves legal notices, suspends and revokes licences as appropriate. Has responsibility for enforcement outside of normal working hours. Undertakes recorded interviews under caution. Prepares prosecution file in accordance with the Safer Communities Enforcement Policy. Prepares own witness statements and those of witnesses, attends court and gives evidence.
- Arranges vehicle Compliance Tests in accordance with the Hackney Carriage regulations and issues certificates. Liaises with garages re problem vehicles, visits garage if required and adjudicates where vehicles have failed. Handles any complaints from the garage against the driver of the Hackney/Private hire vehicle when attending their Compliance Test.
- Ensures taxi fare meters are sited and operated and calibrated correctly. Carries out checks on suspected abuse of meters. Undertakes meter tests of vehicles over a measured distance.
- Represents Harrogate Borough Council on external groups/forums and participates in Corporate working groups relating to all Licensing matters.
- Prepares and presents reports on all aspects licensing work for Head of Service, Cabinet Members and Committees, attends meetings giving advice, guidance and evidence.
- Responsible for the enforcement & recovery of Licence fees throughout the year. Must follow agreed accountancy and audit procedures in handling, banking, receipting and balancing of all money.
- Liaises with the trade in relation to matters such as policy, compliance etc. Facilitates forum groups such as Pubwatch, Offwatch, Taxi Liaison group and other local liaison groups.
- Checks and determines eligibility using Disclosure and Barring Service, Police and medical reports.
- Works with immigration and safeguarding agencies to prevent and detect serious crimes.
- Reviews and updates as necessary all systems, forms and procedures in liaison with Technical Support Team.
- Participates in and provides training and education in Licensing matters/updates to staff.
- Ensures that all relevant targets and performance standards are met.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
West Sussex - Rights of way officer
Salary: £13 per hour
Revenues Officer - Shrewsbury
Salary: £20.79 - 20.79 per hour
Brokerage Officer - Shefford
Salary: £11.22 - 11.22 per hour
Payroll Officer - Basingstoke
Salary: £25 per hour
Accommodation Officer - Wakefield
Salary: £17.12 - 17.12 per hour
Community Care Officer - Doncaster
Salary: £10.50 - 10.50 per hour
North Warwickshire - Technical Officer
Salary: £13.91 - 13.91 per hour
VAT Alignment Officer - Haringey
Salary: £20.10 - 20.10 per hour
Met office - Finance business partner
Salary: Market related
Income Management Admin Officer - Liverpool
Salary: £13.12 - 13.12 per hour
Development Manager - Rochdale
Salary: £40 per hour
Service Development and Support officer - Barnsley
Salary: £28.06 - 28.06 per hour