Payroll Team Leader - Greenwich
|Job Title:||Payroll Team Leader - Greenwich|
|Salary:||£22 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
Payroll Team Leader – Greenwich (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £22.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- Working to the Payroll Operations, Service, Development and Training Manager this post will be responsible for the efficient running of the Payroll Administrators and their workloads.
- They will contribute to the development and implementation of improvements in the Payroll Service.
- To maintain knowledge of legislation and policies and how to apply that knowledge on an operational basis.
- They will undertake the most complex transactional work in the Payroll Service to manage the work of up to 5 payroll administrators and to co-ordinate the workload of the team within strict deadlines.
- To deliver the daily operational running of the Council’s Payroll Service’s process and procedures. It is essential that they maintain current knowledge of the area of responsibility.
- To work with colleagues across the Council and external bodies to ensure that the systems and processes within the Service are operated in a manner that they are compliant with legislation and Council policy and deliver the service in the most efficient manner.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the work of the service is coordinated and delivered in an efficient manner, meeting the strict deadlines of the service. This includes ensuring that over 10,000 staff are paid accurately and on time and the Council meets its statutory requirements including all information returns to HMRC. The total payroll bill is in excess of £200m.
- Working to the payroll operations manager undertake effective regular monitoring of transactional activity and recording of this in accordance with the agreed quality standards and respond to any issues highlighted through this to ensure that output is of a high standard and complies with agreed processes, current legislation, best practice and customer service standards.
- To undertake the more complex transaction processes within the Payroll Service. Monitoring staff performance in line with set targets and provide feedback.
- Manage Payroll Administrators to ensure the efficient and timely completion of Payroll processes related to the, payment and termination of staff within agreed timescales.
- To ensure the appropriate levels of authorisations are followed and procedures are maintained within the Service.
- To support the Payroll Operations Manager providing feedback on queries and ensuring initial complaints are dealt with in a professional manner.
- To be aware of relevant accounting and taxation legislation affecting payroll, and ensure they are being applied correctly in the operational environment.
- To ensure that they keep themselves aware of all relevant statutory changes and best practice development.
- To ensure irregularities identified are investigated and reported to Corporate Anti-Fraud if appropriate.
- To undertake testing as directed by the reporting manager, where there are major changes in legislation/policy/system upgrades ensuring everything is fully tested.
- To support the Payroll Operations Manager in ensuring that processes and procedures in place mean the Service achieves best practice.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Housing Team Leader
Salary: £22 - 25 per hour
Salary: Negotiable Pay
Business Support Officer - Romford
Salary: £17.69 - 17.69 per hour
Pensions Officer - Islington
Salary: £19.73 - 19.73 per hour
Housing Supply Assistant - Redbridge
Salary: £15.75 - 15.75 per hour
Resourcing Administrator - Barnet
Salary: £13.13 - 13.13 per hour
Finance Officer - Bristol
Salary: £20.56 - 20.56 per hour
Salary: £10.90 - 10.90 per hour
Customer Service Assistant - North Hertfordshire
Salary: £11.07 - 12.58 per hour
Permitting Assistant - Leeds
Salary: Market related
Business Support Officer - Cardiff
Salary: £11.39 - 11.39 per hour
Housing Officer - Sutton
Salary: £15.18 - 15.18 per hour