Personal Advisor - Leaving Care Team
|Job Title:||Personal Advisor - Leaving Care Team|
|Salary:||£11 - 18 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Personal Advisor for a councils Leaving Care Team.
As a personal advisor you will:
- work with young people who are aged 16 -25 to help them to access education, training, employment, activities, suitable accommodation and to develop skills that enables young people to be equipped to be able to live their lives independently.
- act as the focal point to ensure that care leavers are provided with the right kind of personal support.
- be able to form a working relationship with the young person to carry forward their pathway plan.
Please note the pay rates maybe negotiable!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To provide advice (including practical advice) and support
- To participate in assessment and preparation of pathway plans
- To participate in the review of the pathway plans
- To liaise with the responsible authority in the implementation of the pathway plan
- To co-ordinate the provision of services and take reasonable steps so that care leavers make use of services
- To keep informed about care leavers’ progress and wellbeing
- To keep full, accurate and up to date records of contacts with the care leaver and services provided
- Budget holding of Leaving care grant allowance
A full job description is available upon request.
- Experience of working with young people in a similar supporting role
- A good understanding of issues such as mental health, substance misuse, housing legislation and support and safeguarding.
- Experience of working with a variety of different agencies and social care professionals and working in a multi-racial/multi-cultural community.
- Experience of dealing effectively with sensitive and confidential matters, pressure and conflict.
- An understanding of the statutory responsibilities and duties for looked after children in line with the Children Act 1989, Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000, and related regulations.
- Ability to formulate plans for intervention and service provision for young people.
- Ability to work in partnership with parents, carers, and other agencies.
- Ability to produce clear, literate and appropriate records, reports and correspondence for a wide range of readership.
- Enhanced DBS
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Independent Living Assessor - Reablement Team - South East London
Salary: Umbrella rate
Childrens Paediatric - Aids and Adaptations - Manchester
Salary: Umbrella rate
SkILs Reablement Support Worker
Salary: £10.98 - 10.98 per hour
Moving and Handling Advisers
Salary: £30 - 36 per hour