Accountancy Officer - Derby
|Job Title:||Accountancy Officer - Derby|
|Salary:||£12 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Accountancy Officer – Derby (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Rate: £12.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To assist in the accountancy function in the production of statutory financial functions and financial advice and guidance to managers and staff within the Council
- To assist in the processing of financial transactions, including payments and income, ensuring that documents are correctly completed and that coding is accurate.
- To assist the Group and Principal Accountant in preparing and monitoring budgets for budget holders.
- To process financial transactions to ensure that the Council’s financial ledger can produce final year end accounts adhering to international financial reporting standards.
- To prepare reconciliations and to ensure that the Council’s financial ledger is maintained to produce final year end accounts
- Provide budget manager support through face to face meetings.
- To produce financial information to prepare other more senior accountancy officers to provide financial advice and guidance to other managers of the Council.
- To provide financial information to assist more senior officers in the production of statutory grant claims and returns.
- To provide general financial advice and guidance to Council staff in relation to financial transactions and controls.
- To provide general financial advice and support to other officers and members of the public on financial administration and basic accounting and budgeting queries.
- To interrogate the financial ledger to provide advice and guidance for Freedom of Information Requests.
- To produce financial forecasts for low risk budgets including interrogation of financial ledgers and a dialogue or face to face meeting with budget managers.
- To provide general administrative support to the section
- To issue controlled stationery
- To make payments, this includes the value determination, for items such as foster carers, payroll deductions and business improvement payments.
- Assist in delivering financial training including preparation of material.
- Apply basic IT skills including the maintenance of computerised records and databases.
- Undertake general office duties as required.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available