Assistant Planning Officer - Widnes
|Job Title:||Assistant Planning Officer - Widnes|
|Salary:||£14 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Assistant Planning Officer – Widnes (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £14.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
Contribute to the work of the Planning and Development Services Division as a member of a team of professional planning officers. Manage a caseload of planning applications and related matters.
- To deal with planning applications (mostly Minor and Householder applications), their professional analysis and appraisal, and with planning appeals. The post holder will provide pre-application advice
- To provide specific specialist planning advice in respect of conservation and listed buildings, enforcement and pre-application advice within the experience and training of the post-holder and to prepare guidance and instruction for users of the service in respect of these specialist matters.
- To determine whether development proposals require planning/advertisement or listed building consent, with reference to appropriate legislation, and advise accordingly.
- To determine relatively straightforward delegated planning applications, and occasionally write reports with recommendations for Development Control Committee.
- To provide planning advice via the Planning Service Telephone Duty Rota and answer general telephone enquiries in the Division.
- Deal with elected members, statutory agencies, other bodies and the public on planning matters as well as allied activity.
- Preparing reports and recommendations in respect of planning applications and other associated activity for assessment and the agreement of the Divisional Manager.
- To write policy and review policy documents within the experience and the training of the post-holder.
- Other duties, including the maintenance of all necessary statutory records, ensuring that on-going development is checked and monitored and relevant policy documents are regularly reviewed and updated (within the qualifications and experience of the post-holder) as required by the Divisional Manager including cover for absent colleagues.
- To assist with the rolling out of programmes of continuous improvement, identifying good practice and innovation. The post-holder will also undertake all other aspects of planning and allied working including assisting with policy formulation commensurate with the level of expertise and qualifications of the post-holder.
- The post-holder will be a member of the team of professional and support officers dealing with a wide range of planning and related work, and will be expected to operate flexibly within that context. The above duties will not necessarily be dealt with exclusively by the post-holder, but he/she will be expected to undertake or contribute to any or all of such duties as requested within the qualifications and experience of the post-holder.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time, which are commensurate with the grade of the job.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Camden Council - Senior Planning Officer
Salary: £24 per hour
Assistant Income & Debt Officer - Hackney
Salary: £19 per hour
Brokerage Officer - Uxbridge
Salary: £20 per hour
Accountancy Officer - Worcester
Salary: £14 per hour
Revenues Officer - Esher
Salary: £30 per hour