Benefits and Council Tax Officer - Newham
|Job Title:||Benefits and Council Tax Officer - Newham|
|Salary:||£20 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||27 days ago|
Benefits and Council Tax Officer – Newham (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £20.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To serve the customers of the Council by collecting the right council tax from the right person at the right time, and paying the right benefit to the right customer at the right time. The Council raises £112 million in Council Tax liability per annum and pays out £300 million in Housing and Council Tax Benefit.
To put the Council’s vision of seamless local front office service delivery into practice, providing services which reflect and meet the needs of the local community and to support the overall delivery of the Council Tax and Benefits service.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
Key tasks and accountabilities are intended to be a guide to the range and level of work expected of the post holder. This is not an exhaustive list of all tasks that may fall to the post holder and employees will be expected to carry out such other reasonable duties which may be required from time to time.
To undertake all responsibilities listed below:
- To contribute towards the implementation of a working culture that is result-orientated and customer-focused.
- To be responsible for continuous personal development by requesting support where and when necessary.
- To liaise with the staff of all departments, external organisations or customer representatives and attend meetings.
- To demonstrate a strong commitment to the promotion of equal opportunities.
Service Provision and Development:
- To maintain a high-level understanding of end-to-end customer interactions and to ensure appropriate levels of understanding throughout the designated service.
- To participate in promotional events including community outreach and exhibitions etc.
- To handle difficult or sensitive enquiries effectively using the appropriate body language, listening skills and rapport building.
- To understand what matters to customers, and to ensure appropriate levels of understanding throughout the staff delivering services.
- To help support the delivery of continuous improvement within services, by responding to customer demand, reducing and eliminating “waste”, and improving performance and efficiency.
Administration, Finance and Performance:
- To uphold all of the Council’s policies and procedures.
- To adhere to all appropriate standards, procedures and quality management systems and participate in promoting innovative methods for improving service quality.
- To operate within the agreed planning and performance review systems to deliver professional front office service which is relevant, high quality and protects customer confidentiality.
Council Tax & Benefits:
- To carry out all tasks associated with the administration, processing and assessment of Housing and Council Tax Benefit claims and Free School Meals.
- To carry out all tasks associated with the notification, collection and recovery of Housing Benefit Overpayments.
- To carry out all tasks associated with the billing, collection and recovery of Council Tax.
- To gain, develop and maintain an understanding of the Council Tax and Housing and Council Tax Benefits legislation and the regulatory frameworks.
- To understand the whole of the Benefits and Council Tax systems end to end and the nature of all the associated work.
- To use the most efficient/effective means possible to communicate to customers and others.
- To identify and report fraud.
- To be able to differentiate between those avoiding payment and those who may need a more sympathetic approach.
- To be aware of, understand and help develop system measures to determine whether the purpose of the service is being met in the most effective manner.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's