Benefits, Taxation and Income Officer - Barnsley
|Job Title:||Benefits, Taxation and Income Officer - Barnsley|
|Salary:||£10.41 - 10.41 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Benefits, Taxation and Income Officer – Barnsley (Temp Vacancy)
Full-Time (37 hours)
To assist in providing a comprehensive Benefits, Taxation and Income Service, which includes Benefits, Council Tax, Non Domestic Rates, Free School Meals, the recovery of all monies owed to the council and the provision of a dedicated customer services telephony team.
- To carry out assessments of free school meals, all types of housing benefit and council tax support including areas of subsidy loss and discretion.
- Assist in providing a comprehensive and effective Non Domestic Rates Service and Council Tax Service dealing with the administration and maintenance of accounts and the award of discounts, exemptions and reliefs to ensure correct billing.
- Assist in providing a comprehensive and effective recovery service dealing with the recovery and enforcement of Council debt including council tax, non-domestic rates and overpaid housing benefit.
- Undertake telephone duties, particularly with regard to the divisions crosscutting telephony team in accordance with the Council’s wider customer services principles and standards of professional conduct. This will include providing information and guidance in respect of other service areas of the council.
- Respond to, investigate and resolve complex queries, dealing with complaints and difficult customers ensuring a customer focussed service, keeping them informed of progress and actions.
- Input, check and maintain accurate records using Benefits, Taxation and Income specialist systems, ensuring information is stored appropriately and confidentially.
- Assist in the preparation of data and statistical returns to drive forward effective compliance management.
- Administer Benefits, Taxation and Income documentation and correspondence, assisting in the delivery of performance linked to corporate objectives and development of actions to deal with exceptions, undertaking timely interpretation of financial information and proactively acting to address the issue ensuring high quality performance information.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders including managers, employees and members of the public, ensuring information and communication links are maintained.
- Contribute to the overall efficiency of the service, suggesting improvements to enable continued developments and improved performance.
- Undertake duties whilst dealing with interruptions, queries and conflicting demands arising from customer queries and requests, ensuring strict deadlines are met.
- Maintain awareness of policies and procedures which impact on how the service is delivered.
- Assist management to continuously business re-engineer improvements across all functional areas to drive forward efficiencies by continuously reviewing working practices, making suggestions for improvements to enable continued development.
- Work on a flexible basis to cover financial business support service activities as and when required.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 020 8514 9117.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Finance Analyst - Barnsley
Salary: £14.61 - 14.61 per hour
Payroll Processing and Control Officer - Romford
Salary: £22 per hour
Direct Payment Payroll and Advice Officer - Woolwich
Salary: £22.76 - 22.76 per hour
Governance Officer - Derby
Salary: £11.59 - 11.59 per hour
Estates Officer - Nottingham
Salary: £25.02 - 25.02 per hour