Cabinet Support Officer - Hackney
|Job Title:||Cabinet Support Officer - Hackney|
|Salary:||£20 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
Cabinet Support Officer – Hackney (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £20.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To work as part of the Mayor & Cabinet Office providing a comprehensive, coordinated and efficient support service to the Council’s senior leadership, enabling the Mayor and Cabinet to deliver their strategic objectives.
- To provide a proactive, reliable and confidential support service to members of the Mayor’s Cabinet, including: extensive diary and inbox management; taking accurate, concise meeting notes with actions clearly defined; acting as the key interface between Cabinet members and internal and external stakeholders; anticipating the needs of the Cabinet members supported and responding accordingly.
- To take responsibility for support for particular individuals or functions as assigned by the Mayor & Cabinet Support Manager.
- To work collaboratively within the Mayor & Cabinet Office, providing cover for colleagues, sharing best practice, experience and expertise with the aim of delivering a resilient and flexible service.
- Manage the Cabinet member diaries including arranging meetings, preparing and dispatching agendas, minutes and other documents as necessary, ensuring that the Cabinet member’s time is utilised efficiently and they are fully briefed and prepared for each meeting and for the week ahead.
- Attending high level meetings and taking accurate, well written notes and ensuring that actions are followed up as necessary.
- Co-ordinating and quality assuring briefings for external meetings and other matters relevant to Cabinet portfolios; also to draft briefing notes both at the Deputy Mayors’ and Cabinet Members’ request and as a result of identifying forthcoming issues.
- Providing a facilitation role between the Mayor, Deputy Mayors, and Cabinet Members, the Council and outside partners to ensure the effective delivery of policy development and decision making, providing advice and steers as needed.
- To ensure that the Deputy Mayors and Cabinet Members are briefed fully and within appropriate timescales on all significant matters that arise from the flow of correspondence and papers into the Mayor and Cabinet Office; to include reading prepared briefings, and summarising relevant information for the Mayor and Cabinet, identifying and highlighting any potential issues.
- To brief the Deputy Mayors and Cabinet Members on policy and operational priorities and ensure that matters are progressed.
- Booking rooms, making travel arrangements, organising tele/videoconferences and arranging refreshments as required.
- To provide a professional service in receiving visitors as a first point of contact and representative of the Mayor, Cabinet and Council.
- To provide a reliable, quick and accurate service for the assigned Cabinet members in word processing, using spreadsheets or preparing presentations using IT packages such as Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Suggesting new ways of doing things and taking a proactive approach to understanding, and getting involved with, the wider strategic objectives of the Cabinet members and their portfolios.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Share this Job
Subsidy Officer - Hackney
Salary: £25.53 - 25.53 per hour
Business Support Officer
Salary: £11.11 - 11.11 per hour
Management Support Officer - Wakefield
Salary: Market related
Management Support Officer - Yorkshire
Salary: £12.70 - 12.70 per hour
Placement Officer - Bromley
Salary: Market related