Communications Officer - Leicester
|Job Title:||Communications Officer - Leicester|
|Salary:||£15 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Communications Officer – Leicester (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £15.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
Plan, implement and evaluate communications to deliver agreed outcomes for the council.
You will plan and deliver communications activity which is designed to manage reputation, deliver behaviour change or generate income.
- using media relations, commercial and social marketing techniques to deliver your communications objectives
- creating high quality content that can be used across several channels, including traditional media, social media, online, face-to-face engagement and internal channels
- using and maintain databases to support the effective planning, implementation and evaluation of activities
- working together as part of multi-disciplined teams so that our communications are integrated and make the most cost-effective use of our resources
- working within the council’s corporate brand guidelines
- being alert to and escalating risks to the council’s reputation
You will evaluate your work – ensuring you are contributing to achieving the council’s aims.
- you will have a strong grasp on what you are setting out to achieve and how you will measure it
- ensuring your activity has clear reputation, behaviour change and/or income-related objectives which are evaluated on a monthly basis
- implementing research activities in order to identify priorities and evaluate activities
- working with colleagues in the departments to ensure our work contributes to council objectives
- using the team’s planning, evaluation and reporting tools
You will work in partnership.
- working with internal colleagues to achieve corporate objectives
- advising officers and Members where appropriate and influencing to achieve aims
- working with communications teams in external partners, including health, police, districts, voluntary sectors and national bodies
- working as part of a multi-agency team in planning for and managing emergency situations
- ensuring the correct protocols are followed and that all work is undertaken with adherence to the relevant legal controls on local government publicity
You will monitor the use of resources – making sure we get the most value from every pound we spend and every hour we dedicate.
- monitoring spend and tracking the use of time so that we can manage performance, generate income, forecast demand and re-prioritise when necessary
- being part of an out of hours emergency call out team and work on a rota basis if required to ensure that there is cover for emergency enquiries out of normal working hours.*
*In the first instance the rota will be staffed by officers working specifically in the ‘media team’. Other officers may be required.
Undertake various other tasks and duties appropriate to the grading and responsibility of the post as requested.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Senior Accountant - Leicester
Salary: £23.58 - 23.58 per hour
Revenues Officer - Hackney
Salary: £21.86 - 21.86 per hour
Brokerage Officer - Nottinghamshire
Salary: £13.41 - 13.41 per hour
Governance Officer - Derby
Salary: £11.59 - 11.59 per hour
Estates Officer - Nottingham
Salary: £25.02 - 25.02 per hour