Finance Compliance Officer - London
|Job Title:||Finance Compliance Officer - London|
|Salary:||£18 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Finance Compliance Officer – London (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £18.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
Contributes to the successful delivery of Haringey’s Your Council Priority by providing high quality Financial Administration services to one of the following areas:
- Council wide
This includes working as part of the Financial Administration Team, to implement, manage and provide strategic oversight of best practice and quality assurance measures in order to achieve consistent standards and continuous improvement across the finance administration service, and maximise value for money.
Financial Administration Transactional Activities
- Monitor and process financial administration transactional requests and E.forms, in compliance with service level agreements and escalating issues where applicable
- Maintain high standard of validation checks to safeguard the Council against fraudulent claims and payments
- Maintain Financial Compliance Master Data set
- Supports system activities ensuring checks are made, accuracy maintained and deadlines are met, including:
- Monthly/Year End reconciliations
- Direct Debit creation and amendment
- Payment Runs
- Reporting for example BACS report
- Ensures highest standards of quality assurance through the implementation of reporting standards, guidance, and advice across the portfolio. Ensuring standards are being adhered to and supporting and challenging Officers to ensure compliance is maintained
- Supports the senior management in establishing and implementing in house controls and compliance.
Stakeholder and Relationship Management
- Act as an ambassador for the Financial Administration Service, establishing and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external Council stakeholders. Providing professional and customer-focused advice and guidance on financial administration process’s and legal obligations
- Process customer enquiries in line with the Council’s customer service standards using various types of technology including the Council’s case management system ‘Halo’ and the IVR telephony system
- Communicate change in a professional way, ensuring that both external and internal content on intranet, learning tools and other communication platforms are kept up to date
Performance Management and Reporting:
- Supports senior management in the preparation of statutory and non-statutory reports.
- Ensure all transactional requests are resolved within designated SLA whilst adhering to Finance Compliance policy/procedure.
- Keep procedural documentation updated for business continuity purposes and ensure that it reflects current procedures.
- Engages in capturing service delivery lessons learned and feeding these back through team meetings to drive continuous improvement, pro-actively seeking to improve ways of working to drive up efficiency and cohesion across the service.
- Identify process improvements and work with the senior management to implement service delivery lessons learned
- Ensures that files and any related documentation are maintained and up to date, archiving key documentation to ensure it is accurate and can be easily accessed in the future, maintaining records in digital form via cloud-based storage as far as possible.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Finance Officer - Fareham
Salary: £17 per hour
Governance Officer - Derby
Salary: £11.59 - 11.59 per hour
Estates Officer - Nottingham
Salary: £25.02 - 25.02 per hour
Homeless officer -Islington
Salary: £25 per hour
Disrepair Officer - Greenwich
Salary: £20 per hour