Finance Manager - Tower Hamlets
|Job Title:||Finance Manager - Tower Hamlets|
|Salary:||£26 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||14 days ago|
Finance Manager – Tower Hamlets (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £26.00ph
**Part-Time (7 hours)**
To be responsible for the management of the accounting function in Tower Hamlets Homes ensuring that:
The management accountants deliver an excellent business support function to Tower Hamlets Homes, its Board, Committees, Senior Management Team and their respective managers.
And the third management accountant manages and maintains the financial systems and ensures that the financial accounts are properly prepared, VAT is properly accounted for and there is effective liaison with the internal and external auditors.
- To plan and organise the performance of the accounting teams so they achieve their objectives and continuously work to enhance the quality of its service to customers.
- In consultation with the Head of Finance to lead on the preparation of budgets, forecasts and business plans in accordance with agreed timetables both for THH activities as well as for the budget delegated to it by the Council.
- To be responsible for budget monitoring for THH (delegated, capital and core budgets) ensuring the timely production of management reports and commentary in order to facilitate budgetary control.
- To ensure that financial statutory corporate responsibilities are properly undertaken especially with regards to financial accounts, VAT and Companies House Returns.
- To oversee the Accounts Payable process to ensure payments due are made accurately and on time.
- To ensure that key reconciliations such as the bank account, payroll and VAT are undertaken on a monthly basis and documented accordingly.
- To Deputise for the Head of Finance as appropriate, and act as his representative, and give financial advice and take decisions as required.
- To make an assessment of priorities and to allocate resources to ensure that regular management information is delivered efficiently, effectively and accurately, in conjunction with the Head of Finance.
- To build effective working relationships with Managers within THH to ensure that an excellent working knowledge of the business is developed and maintained.
- To ensure quality, standards and probity is maintained in the Team.
- To ensure staff members meet regularly with Service Managers, providing them with support as necessary. And to review with them the financial performance of those areas for which they have responsibility. Where required investigate anomalies with data and arrange for correction where found necessary.
- To be responsible for budget preparation both within agreed timescales and resources having had regular meetings with budget holders to ensure their plans are reflected in their budgets.
- To provide commentary to accompany the monthly budget monitoring; ensuring that it is both to a quality agreed and it seeks to aid understanding of the business to the reader.
- To lead and develop the accounting team to ensure the smooth running of THH.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's