Homeless officer -Islington
|Job Title:||Homeless officer -Islington|
|Salary:||£25 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Deanna Clarke|
|Job Published:||21 days ago|
Islington – Homeless officer
Hours Per Week : 35.00
Start Time : 09:00
End Time : 17:00
Location - N1 1XR – On going contract
- To provide a customer service function to people presenting to the Customer Centre with a housing need. Interacting with members of the public, providing initial advice and assistance to ensure their queries are dealt with as swiftly and efficiently as possible.
- To ensure a prompt, courteous and helpful response when dealing with queries from members of the public or their representatives, including elected Members, outside agencies and partner organizations.
- To be readily identifiable as a Customer Service Agent and comply with the dress code and/or uniform provided.
- To refer housing applicants to relevant internal teams and to other agencies as necessary for advice on housing matters, welfare rights, social services, immigration and other issues using referral procedures.
- To participate in appropriate training needs to gain a satisfactory level of knowledge appropriate for advising clients.
- Constructively take part in meetings, supervision, seminars and other events designed to improve communication and assist with your own development and that of your role.
- To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Council’s Health and Safety Policy and relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- Undertake other duties compatible with your learning and development as required.
- Working knowledge of the relevant legislation relating to homelessness and housing needs with particular reference to the Housing Act 1996 Part VII and the Homeless Reduction Act 2017.
- Experience of providing excellent customer care.
- Experience of dealing with the public providing practical advice in a housing field, to include substantial administrative experience.
- Experience in working in a multi-racial, inner city environment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's