Information Officer - Hackney
|Job Title:||Information Officer - Hackney|
|Salary:||£17 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Information Officer – Hackney (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £17.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- The Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) operates as a single ‘front door’ for Children & Families Services. Through integrated social work professional expertise and multi-agency intelligence the service is able to rapidly assess risk and need to ensure that children and young people are rapidly signposted to the right help at the right time.
- The service is led by a team of Screening & Referral Managers responsible for providing an effective safeguarding response to professionals and members of the public who are concerned about a child’s welfare and/or requesting services to meet identified needs.
- The service is co-located with a range of agencies and works closely with professionals delivering services for children across the council.
- The post holder, under the supervision of the Senior Information Officer, will load contact data and through robust scrutiny and analysis of information held on a range of IT systems provide timely and proportionate information for managers, external forums and partner agencies. The post plays a key role in supporting the efficient running of the service and in contributing to the overall effectiveness of referral and support mechanisms for services to children in Hackney.
- To create accurate records of ‘contacts’ to the service in respect of children and young people in need of help or protection by loading time sensitive data in an efficient manner
- To undertake thorough database checks on children and families in response to local authority information requests ensuring that these are completed in a timely and professional manner.
- To support the service by screening duty calls from the public and professionals and accurately recording safeguarding concerns.
- To provide clear, concise and accurate reports detailing proportionate and relevant information held about children and families on request.
- To support the development and maintenance of operating procedures covering all elements of data input; data cleansing and other controls to ensure the accuracy and completeness of data.
- To identify discrepancies in systems and information contained within systems and to rectify discrepancies as required or when directed by managers.
- Keep abreast of developments in information sharing, data protection and IT and attend briefings as required.
- Work closely with the service ICT department to ensure the security of the data and ensure Data Protection policies are adhered to.
- Support the induction and training of new staff as required on the use of the database.
- Manage the workload as directed, and organise and plan work activities taking into account the need to prioritise tasks and responsibilities in relation to safeguarding children and enabling rapid access to services.
- Ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act and confidentiality policies.
- Work flexibly in order to meet the demands of the service.
- To take responsibility for your own professional development by actively engaging in supervision, appraisals, training and research activities.
- To have a basic working knowledge of the child protection and the concept of significant harm and to take immediate steps to ensure the safety of children in situations of risk, and to report concerns as soon as possible using agreed procedures.
- To undertake any duty as required, commensurate with the level and grade of the post.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Cabinet Support Officer - Hackney
Salary: £21 per hour
Brokerage Officer - Nottinghamshire
Salary: £13.41 - 13.41 per hour
Governance Officer - Derby
Salary: £11.59 - 11.59 per hour
Estates Officer - Nottingham
Salary: £25.02 - 25.02 per hour
Homeless officer -Islington
Salary: £25 per hour