Parking Services - Business Support Officer
|Job Title:||Parking Services - Business Support Officer|
|Salary:||£12.95 - 12.95 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Amber Debens|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Parking Services – Business Support Officer
Salary: £ 12.95 Per Hour (Umbrella)
Full Time (37 hours per week)
Under the direction of the Business Support Team Leader provide comprehensive customer focussed ‘Parking Services’ business support to colleagues, customers and other stakeholders who provide services within Bath & North East Somerset and in doing so maintain maximum efficiency, productivity and effectiveness.
As one of the team, to contribute to the general management, development, maintenance and review of the Business Support team and wider Service (as appropriate), both in terms of services provided, operational policies and procedures and resources; this being in accordance with our clients Vision and Values policy, and other objectives.
- To ensure effective and accessible communication with colleagues, service users, the general public and others as appropriate or required. Assist the Business Support Team Leader to administer the day to day operations; ensuring business objectives are met through organising and prioritising workloads to meet available resources and customer demand.
- To understand legislation including; Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984; Road Traffic Act 1991; Traffic Management Act 2004; Bus Lane Contraventions (Penalty Charges, Adjudication and Enforcement) (England) Regulations 2005; Civil Court rules; Disabled Persons (Badges for Motor Vehicles) (England) Regulations 2000; Traffic Regulation Orders and all aspects of moving traffic offences and civil parking procedures.
- Receive and respond to Penalty Charge Notice correspondence for example to written challenges and representations. Undertake a fully documented investigation in order to assess the validity of the Penalty Charge Notice and using all available evidence to make an informed decision to either cancel or enforce in accordance with legislation and council policy, including the General Data Protection Regulations, ensuring a full and comprehensive response is supplied to the customer within timescales dictated by legislation.
- Process and issue parking permits and Blue Badges. Ensuring all applications are valid, non-fraudulent and are only issued within Council policy or national guidance where applicable. Undertake investigations where necessary to identify and reduce instances of fraud involving permits and blue badges.
- Assist the Business Support Team Leader in management and monitoring of both automated and manual systems to ensure the accurate recording and banking of all incoming and outgoing payments ensuring all goods and services provided are accurately reconciled before authorised for payment.
- To identify, investigate and document any issues within the enforcement procedures and make sure that where these impact processes or operations they are escalated to Senior Management for review, ensuring a culture of continuous improvement.
- Be the first point of contact for enquiries from the public, Members, Senior Management and external organisations including bailiffs; Traffic Penalty Tribunal; Traffic Enforcement Centre; and the DVLA. Evaluate the evidence and make accurate, audit accountable decisions where necessary to ensure that all enquires are responded to immediately.
- Assist in the operation of our client’s parking suspensions, licencing, tow-away and clamping schemes ensuring information provided to members of the public is accurate, audit accountable and fully compliant with legislation and Council policy.
- Initiate orders for Parking Services including maintenance, equipment and works as requested ensuring audit compliant records are provided for reconciliation with invoices.
- To provide relevant statistics and analysis for the completion of Freedom of Information and management requests from the parking services software ensuring accuracy at all times.
- Undertake general clerical duties including word processing, data entry, filing, stationery ordering etc as required, to ensure a high level of service is maintained.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Amber Debens on 07860953716 or via email AmberD@4recruitmentservices.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Business Support Officer - Hackney
Salary: £22 per hour
Arboricultural Services Officer - Newham
Salary: £18.55 - 18.55 per hour
Executive Support Officer - Brixton
Salary: £160 per day
Traded Service Support Officer - Tower Hamlets
Salary: £26.31 - 26.31 per hour
Governance Officer - Derby
Salary: £11.59 - 11.59 per hour