Senior Insurance Officer - Uxbridge
|Job Title:||Senior Insurance Officer - Uxbridge|
|Salary:||£25 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Senior Insurance Officer – Uxbridge (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £25.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
The Insurance team provides a support service to all Council services with the aim of minimising the Council’s exposure to financial loss and liability. The team is responsible for developing and implementing an active operational risk management programme across all Council services and at all levels, coupled with the provision of appropriate insurance cover. This post can at times be under significant time pressures which need to be managed effectively; externally from claimants solicitors, the Council’s Insurers and the Courts, and internally to obtain prompt co-operation and information from service managers. A significant part of the work of the team is affected by reforms to the Civil Justice System (the ‘Woolf’ reforms) which lay down strict time limits for filing defences and supplying supporting evidence. The deadlines are tight which means that significant cost can fall to the Council, including fines imposed by the court as well as compromising the Council’s defences, if the right quality and quantity of work is not achieved in line with the statutory timetable. The main duties of the Senior Insurance Officer posts are to administer and manage insurance policies, records and claims alongside processing information on incidents involving real or potential financial loss to the Council. This involves considerable contact with other Council services, insurers, loss adjusters, solicitors and with members of the public, which can be in writing, by telephone and in person. The duties will also involve regular computer input and analysis of claims information.
- No direct supervisory responsibility however may be requirement to assist in induction and training of peers and new employees.
- Demonstrate understanding of the Council’s Customer Care Standards and ensure that these standards are met in order to deliver the Council vision of ‘putting our residents first’.
- Offer assistance to customers with regard to their insurance interests.
- On behalf of the Insurance 'Pool', process claims from receipt, entering details on appropriate IT systems, corresponding with claimants, their representatives, loss adjusters, contractors and Council service managers as necessary, taking the lead in resolving problems and ensuring efficient execution in the Council’s best interests.
- Ensure that all third party in-house claims are passed to senior management for authorisation.
- Ensure all high value and/or complex claims are referred to senior management for involvement/advice, as required.
- Maintain records of claims history for relevant policies and identify any significant trends (good or bad) for the attention of line management.
- Provide advice to the public, service managers and senior management on related matters, carrying out research as appropriate.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Administrator - Uxbridge
Salary: £14 per hour
Governance Officer - Derby
Salary: £11.59 - 11.59 per hour
Estates Officer - Nottingham
Salary: £25.02 - 25.02 per hour
Homeless officer -Islington
Salary: £25 per hour
Finance Officer - Fareham
Salary: £17 per hour