Trading Standards Officer - Walthamstow
|Job Title:||Trading Standards Officer - Walthamstow|
|Salary:||£43 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Trading Standards Enforcement Officer – Walthamstow (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £43.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To undertake the Council’s statutory functions in relation to the enforcement of Trading Standards Services including ensuring compliance with codes of practice, guidance and legislation.
- As a front-line field officer, to play an active and proactive role in the practical delivery of the Directorate’s commercialisation programme and the generation of income, a major corporate priority. To constantly look to identify and develop innovative commercial opportunities and interventions as an integral part of day to day contact with residents, businesses and other service areas.
- Plan, organise and deliver own work to support the delivery of the regulatory / statutory / legal service and ensure completion of tasks within required standards and timescales.
- Investigate compliance / legal issues within area of responsibility. Including where required more complex / serious issues within specific area of specialisation.
- Preparation of reports, notices, orders, recordings, in standard formats as required.
- Provide advice and information to customers and stakeholders. Where appropriate challenge existing practices.
- Represent the council at inquiries / court / hearings / tribunals / to present evidence.
- Assist with the promotion and distribution of information / materials to customers / stakeholders.
- Ensure all financial transactions are processed and reconciled correctly, money /payments are kept securely, and receipts are issued as required.
- Conduct training for staff and official visitors on the function of the service.
- Carry out all duties and responsibilities with reasonable care for the health and safety of self and others and report any potential hazards or unsafe practices to line manager.
- Act in accordance with all policies and procedures which apply to the job and understand the reasons for this.
- Ensure that commerciality is fully integrated into day to day role as a front-line field officer as part of the overall Redefining Waltham Forest programme. Use all opportunities to identify potential sources of income for both the specific service and wider Council services to fully exploit commercial opportunities and maximise generated income.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Governance Officer - Derby
Salary: £11.59 - 11.59 per hour
Estates Officer - Nottingham
Salary: £25.02 - 25.02 per hour
Homeless officer -Islington
Salary: £25 per hour
Finance Officer - Fareham
Salary: £17 per hour
Disrepair Officer - Greenwich
Salary: £20 per hour