Vale of Glamorgan - Accountant
|Job Title:||Vale of Glamorgan - Accountant|
|Location:||Vale of Glamorgan|
|Salary:||£18 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Deanna Clarke|
|Job Published:||8 days ago|
Vale of Glamorgan – Accountant
Location: Civic offices, Holton road, CF63 4RU
Contract: initial 7 -month contract with possible further extension
Hours: 37 hours per week
Pay: £18per hour (depending on experience)
Preparation of revenue and capital estimates, budget monitoring, closure of accounts, claims and returns and provision of financial advice and guidance for a range of services.
The primary purpose of the role is to:
- Preparation of revenue and capital estimates, monitoring statements and final accounts for a range of Council services.
- Completion of revenue and capital grant claims, statutory returns and statistical submissions.
- Assist in the preparation of the Medium Term Financial Plan, Capital Investment Strategy and any other documents impacting upon the Council’s financial and performance management framework.
- Provision of financial advice, guidance and training to officers and members as required, including attending officer and member meetings as necessary as well as internal and external seminars on matters affecting the Authority.
- Assist in the management, development and motivation of other Accountancy staff, including the workload supervision of junior members of staff, in pursuit of corporate, service and individual targets and objectives.
- Assist in the development of the Accountancy function including new financial management systems and processes.
- Ensure compliance with the Council’s Financial Regulations, Standing Orders, Policies and Procedures
- To implement the principles of the Council’s Equal Opportunity Policy whilst
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer. To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Deanna Clarke on 020 8514 9152 or Email DeannaC@4recruitmentservices.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Brokerage officer -London Borough of Haringey
Salary: £16.29 - 16.29 per hour
Data Administrator - Sovereign Housing
Salary: £10.89 - 10.89 per hour
Oxfordshire - care & support Brokerage officer
Salary: £12.95 - 12.95 per hour
Operational Support Assistant - Leicestershire
Salary: £12.70 - 12.70 per hour